Saturday, March 03, 2007

Soda


A pet peeve of mine is when I ask if they have 7-up in a restaurant; I don't drink caffeinated drinks after 5 or 6 p.m. and I vastly prefer 7-up to the common alternative, Sprite. What gets to me is that 7 times out of 10 they will say, "Yes, we have Sprite" WHICH IS NOT THE SAME! 2 times out of 10 they will say "Yes" and just bring me a Sprite, and 1 time out of 10 I get lucky and they have 7-up. I really wish they would stop saying yes and instead say, "No, but is Sprite alright?"

3 comments:

Old Dog said...

Isn't it interesting that so few restaurants/fast food places have 7-Up?
My pet peeve is how few offer decaf soft drinks as I never drink caffeinated ones..

Poky said...

I wish there was a good alternative to caffeinated soft drinks which aren't lemon-lime, but usually the only other choice is Country Time Lemonade (which I find abominable). I think the reason so few restaurants serve 7-up has to do with the near-monopoly Coca-Cola has on fountain sales and the fact that Sprite is a Coca-Cola company product. Even given that, it doesn't seem that those places which serve Pepsi offer 7-up as an option very often.

DogMom said...

I like Sierra Mist better than Sprite. 7-Up, though, is definitely the best. I haven't had caffeine since the late 80's due to medical reasons, so I'm pretty used to only having orange sodas or lemon-lime sodas. I am hooked, though, on Crystal Light. I love their lemonade but love even more their fruit punch. No caffeine, and only 5 calories per serving.