Saturday, March 31, 2007

Isn't it Ironic, Yeah I Really Do Think

Another entry from 'Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life':
(quote)
LUCKY
In an online column I was writing, I devised a sort of cyber scavenger hunt. One of the instructions was for readers to go to google.com, plug in Lucky Charms, and tell me the first listing that pops up.... It was only when I started hearing back from readers who had proudly found all the scavenger hunt items that I learned what the search coughed up. The first listing was a link to CNN.com, reporting on the gentleman who invented Lucky Charms. He had recently been killed in a car accident, along with his wife, on their way to visit their daughter, who, horrifically enough, was in a coma and dying in the hospital.... That such an ending would come to the creator of a cereal named Lucky Charms seemed to be yet another glaring example of how curiously beautiful-tragic-ridiculous-poignant-dreadful-happy-sad it all is.
(endquote)

No comments: