Saturday, March 03, 2007

Still More Soda


I don't think I've mentioned lately just how much I love Moxie. I'd like to try it in cans, but strangely enough it costs more to ship cans than bottles -- I think there are local bottlers in California and Arizona, while the cans are made in Maine. I'm also curious to see if I'd have the same aversion to diet Moxie as I do most diet drinks, but I'm not curious enough to spring for the considerable shipping costs.

For anyone interested in unusual sodas, I'd recommend a Beverages and More store or the following website: The Soda Shop

For Moxie in cans or larger bottles, here's a website from Maine, where the drink is evidently quite popular: Maine Goodies

Interesting sidenote: I became fascinated by Moxie when I was a kid reading Mad magazine, which sometimes had the Moxie logo buried within the artwork. I figured that this was some sort of running gag, and I didn't find out until very recently that it was actually one of the very few forms of advertising that Mad accepted.

2 comments:

DogMom said...

Have you ever tried sarsparilla? I got hooked on it when I worked for a fish and chips place in high school. Haven't had it in years, though.

Poky said...

Sarsparilla reminds me of moxie without the bitterness. Good stuff.